I've signed up, but I'm not getting The Words...
The Words are available to anyone who signs up using the online form, all you need is a First Name and an email address. They are totally separate from anyone’s Membership status.
- Sign up using the form at the bottom of the home page.
- Once you’ve filled this in, you will get an automated email response asking you to confirm that you want to sign up. This is to stop people being signed up by others.
- Click on the verification links in this email and you will should receive the next copy of The Words. If you don’t get it, please check the following;
- Have you signed up properly?
- Have you received a verification email? No, then check your spam and add email@example.com to your contacts.
- Have you responded to the verification Email?
Still not getting it? Come moan at the SH4 Webmaster AKA The Jerk.
The Site won't recognise my user name
To date, the vast majority of issues with logging onto the website has been people using the wrong username,
To access the Members’ area, scroll down to the very bottom of the homepage and find the Members Login on the left hand side, (not the place that says ‘Sign up to receive the Words’) then copy and paste your name into the username box in exactly this format: FirstnameLastname taking care to use capital letters exactly as you see here and no spaces.
If you immediately click the ‘I’ve forgotten my password’ link (I know you may not have forgotten it, but bear with me..) you’ll be sent a new one to your email address. It may arrive in your junk or spam folder, so check that if there’s nothing in your inbox.
The auto generated password is very strong. You can use the one suggested OR over type it with one of your own.
You can change your password to one you prefer at any time – to do this, once you’re logged in look up to the top right corner of the screen and you’ll see ‘Hi, Firstname’ or ‘Hi Hashname’, click on that link and you’ll be taken to your profile page. Scroll down your profile page and you’ll eventually come to Account Management where you can generate a new password for yourself or type in your own. If you still have no joy getting on to the website, see The Jerk